Sunday, August 28, 2005

Windy Photo Shoot?


I know they're the 'idiots' and all, but what was this kid thinking? This is a disgrace to Red Sox Nation, I don't care how good he is.

Update (08/29) From my genius friend Knoefel comes this:
The story is he's partially blind in his left eye. Which is a wonder anyways to see how this kid overcame that to pitch in the majors (as a lefty though it's his right eye that is most toward the plate, but still). He tilts the hat to one side to cut down on the glare in his bad eye, and has so since little league, long before it became hip.

OK so I was completely off, but I am still weirded out by the picture. It's not like John Olerud is wearing a hard helmet in his team pic. But seriously, much props to Knoef for the correction, and for this article.