Friday, October 28, 2005

Fitzmas?


All over the blogesphere people are celebrating Christmas in October, or Fitzmas. I see where everybody is pumped because the corrupt White House is finally being exposed, and Scooter is in real trouble. And for that, I am thrilled that the dirty tricks of these scumbags will finally see justice. But politically I can't help but feel the President dodged a huge bullet today. The counts against Libby are huge, don't get me wrong, it is a realy dark day at the White House. But, although Rove (official A?) is still under investigation, it would have been monumentally more disruptive to the White House if Rove went down today, and a true reason to celebrate. Monday Bush will name a new Supreme Court nominee (look for him to go with his driver, or maybe even the head White House chef) and that will control the stroy, or at least bring down the heat.
Anyway after months of speculation and a week of heavy speculation, to put it in the words of my friend Chuck, today I feel "meh."