Saturday, January 13, 2007

How Sociopaths Say "I Was Wrong."

"Well, no question, decisions have made things unstable." (Update: How pathetic is it that Matt Drudge calls such a statement "candor?")

I think President Bush has lost his mind. I am not saying that to insult him, because I truly believe he’s going crazy. I would be too if I were him. Look at the situation we’re in and how insane he sounds. I watched the speech and was blown away by his demeanor- his hollow, monotonous delivery and his deer-in-headlights expression- literally scared me. “This is what happens when an absolute madman is in charge,” I kept saying. Unfortunately, what was scarier than how David Koresh-like Bush seemed in delivering his speech, was the truly bizarre plan itself. OK, so, the entire world is at stake, and yet when we went in and people told you that we needed 300+ thousand troops for Iraq, they were fired. And now we are stuck so badly that our options have turned into leaving now or leaving later with absolutely nothing different on the ground. Wait, did I just hear him warn Iran? Did I just hear him warn the Iraqi PM? Three years after "mission accomplished” and we can’t even hold Baghdad? Wow, what a mess, I am sure his plan will be as dictated by the November elections… Wait, what’s his plan? A 15% increase in troop levels over several months! And Americans on door-to-door patrols commanded by the Iraqis! None of it makes sense. Lawrence O’Donnell even said that this means it’s only around 5,000 more troops on the ground at any given time. That’s nonsense. Why send them in the first place. This is so nuts. We can’t stop a 1,000 year-old religious battle with 5000 more troops. Get OUT! It’s over. We lost. Badly. On the world stage. It’s over. Vietnam II and we lost it too. Adding more troops, at this late stage, only provides more bodies for the insurgency to shoot at. There are like four civil wars going oon over there and we can't help win any of them. Also, why are they taking troops OUT of Afghanistan for this? Excuse me? We’re going to lose both! Please start the impeachment hearings soon!

Also, watch Road to Guantanamo if you want to see how we're "winning."