Thursday, September 08, 2005

$

The Globe says Boston is the most expensive city in the US this year. It may be true that housing prices are finally higher out there than they are in SF, but I can't help but feel that the cost of living is higher here. Gas, food, cable, public transportation, taxes are all waaaay higher here. Rent is on par give or take $100 - $200 and to buy a house is never-gonna-happen-expensive too, but seriously, it seems like every small thing is just a little bit more here than it was in Beantown. But, it is also absolutly breathtaking almsot everywhere, and I can see why prices are driven higher and higher every day by the surge of people that move here. On that note, I have met two people actually from here the whole time I have been in SF. So many people are from Boston, NY, Southern CA, and Hawaii. I don't really know what the point of this post is, but I thought the globe study was interesting.
tootles!