Thursday, March 02, 2006

The White Noise About Blanco

I understand why some conservatives find a little relief in this Blanco story here, but I don't think it is even close to how ridiculous the Bush briefing video is. Like I said at the time, yeah everyone fucked up. But comparing the local fuckups to the federal ones is like comparing scraping your knee with having your testicles shot off. Furthermore, Blanco says "We keep getting reports in some places that maybe water is coming over the levees… We heard a report unconfirmed, I think, we have not breached the levee. I think we have not breached the levee at this time." Yes, that information was wrong, but they are talking about the breach of the levees in a context in which one would imagine if the levees had breached or they hadn't. In that context, how could Bush have repeatedly said that "no one could have anticipated" the levees breaking? The yahoo report states:

She sounds uncertain about the reliability of her information and cautioned that the situation “could change.” She reported that floodwaters were rising in parts of the city "where we have waters that are 8 to 10 feet deep, and we have people swimming in there."

"That's got a considerable amount of water itself," the governor said. "That's about all I know right now on the specifics that you haven't heard."

Blanco spokeswoman Denise Bottcher said Thursday that "our people on the ground were telling us that there could be over-topping and breaching, but it was hard to tell" by the noon briefing.

Really Denise? I heard something different. I heard that the Governor’s staff was so afraid to disrupt the Governor’s vacation, they waited days and gave her the critical information she needed via a DVD of news reports.

... So it was "hard to tell" something.... I wonder what it was hard to tell... Hmmmm I can't put my finger on it... in this context it seems "hard to tell" between something happening with the levees and something not happening but I just can't seem to think right now... Damn you imagination, will you just imagine things already!!! Can't you anticipate anything?!?!??!!